The council currently holds over 40 separate
contracts with individual GP practices for provision of health
improvement services encompassing sexual health; substance misuse;
NHS Health Check programme and smoking cessation.
The proposal is commission these services at scale through the two overarching GP Federations in Lambeth, who will hold one contract with the council on behalf of the GP practices in the borough.
The rationale for the proposal:
• GP Federations are membership organisations constituted of all the GP practices in Lambeth
• GP Federations have the necessary clinical governance; quality assurance and access to patient data
• Reduce transactional processes associated with contract management and financial administration of current 40+ contracts
• Best interest of local population by enabling focus on improving health outcomes and reducing health inequalities
• Opportunity for collaborative working to deliver more preventative and better joined up care
Decision type: Key
Reason Key: 2. Financial;
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 16/12/2016
Decision due: 14 Feb 2017 by Cabinet Member for the Voluntary Sector and Leisure
Lead member: Cabinet Member for the Voluntary Sector and Leisure
Lead director: Strategic Director: Integrated Health and Adults Care
Department: Adults and Health
Contact: David Orekoya, Lead Commissioner, Health Improvement Email: email@example.com.