Cllr Wilson is responsible for oversight of the Council’s strategic financial management and monitoring performance. This includes setting a balanced budget and monitoring the delivery of the capital investment programme.
The Council faces significant financial pressure over the next few years as a result of central government funding cuts and the costs of Covid-19. Cllr Wilson is responsible for ensuring the Council’s financial strategy can meet reforms to local government finance, including business rates reform. He also leads on the ambitious capital investment strategy, ensuring investment supports the delivery of the key outcomes identified in the Borough Plan, and on generating new income through investment, opportunity, asset sites, and adopting a corporate commercial framework or trading approach where appropriate.
Cllr Wilson leads on the Council’s commitments as a London Living Wage Employer, including encouraging all Lambeth businesses to pay the Living Wage and out work with local Business Improvement Districts to promote Living Wage Zones.
· The Council’s financial strategy, including budget setting, budget monitoring, financial policy and performance.
· Revenue collection, business rates, council tax and benefits and Council Tax Support (CTS) underpinned by the Council’s Income and Debt Strategy.
· Generating new income through investment, opportunity asset sites and adopting a corporate commercial framework or trading approach where appropriate.
· Capital investment programme, property management and asset strategies.
· The Council’s commitments as a London Living Wage employer.
· Ensuring the Council’s commissioning and procurement strategies provide social value through all of its activity and contacts.
· Responsible for oversight of the Council’s strategic financial management. This includes setting a balanced budget and monitoring the delivery of the capital investment programmes.
· The Council’s Pension Fund.
· Performance management across the Council.
· Workforce matters including Human Resources and Trade Union relations.
· The Lambeth Children’s Home Redress scheme.
· Digital transformation, including customer services.
· Democratic Services: including electoral registration and legal services.