Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Social Care (job share)
This councillor is responsible for health and adult social care, and works with colleagues to ensure safe, efficient and effective services. Their strategic focus is to reduce health inequalities so that more residents enjoy longer, healthier lives.
This councillor is responsible for deepening integration between adult social care and health services to deliver more efficient and joined-up services and leading on how the council and its partners work together to improve outcomes and reduce health inequalities. They are responsible for promoting public health in all polices, adult preventative healthcare, healthy lifestyles, preventing disease and improving general health.
· Statutory responsibility for adult social care of older people, people with disabilities and those with mental health issues.
· Safeguarding and monitoring performance of all aspects of social care services for adults across the council and its partners.
· Implementation of the Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
· Public Health services and promoting public health in all policies.
· Leading on the pan-London HIV prevention programme and the Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham sexual health strategy.
· Developing a carers’ strategy to improve the quality of life, health and wellbeing of carers.
· Integrating health and adult social care with NHS bodies.
· Overseeing nationally directed changes to adult social care.
· Leading the mental health strategy and mental health services.
· Supporting implementation of the Health and Wellbeing Strategy, supporting the lead on how the council and its partners work together to improve outcomes and reduce health inequalities, with particular attention to mental health.
· Ensuring the council is effectively planning and delivering long term care for people with disabilities, including those children who require support throughout their lives.