Cabinet Member for Equalities and Culture
The Cabinet Member for Equalities and Culture is responsible for the strategic approach to Lambeth’s rich and diverse cultural and tourism sectors, working with community groups to support the thriving arts and cultural communities. They are also responsible for Lambeth’s library services and for our maintaining our fantastic parks and open spaces.
Lambeth is an open and welcoming borough where people care about one another and we celebrate our diversity. This Cabinet Member is responsible for working with partners across the borough to make Lambeth more equal including embedding equalities into all parts of the council’s work and delivering the work of the Equalities Commission and overseeing Equalities Impact Assessments.
· Overseeing the development of a new modern archives service for the borough.
· The borough’s parks, local food production and community composting schemes.
· Registrars, cemeteries and crematorium services.
· Working with organisations in the borough’s thriving arts and cultural communities including the Black Cultural Archives.
· Delivering the Events Strategy.
· Overseeing Sports and Leisure.
· Delivering the work of the Equalities Commission and overseeing Equalities Impact Assessments (EIA).
· Celebrating our borough’s diversity, for example leading on the delivering the annual Windrush Day.
· Chair of the Equalities Impact Assessment Panel.