Cllr Edward David is responsible for delivering our commitment to giving young people the best start in life. That includes the statutory role of lead member for children’s services, powers and duties in relation to looked after children, and out commitment to improving the care of the Borough’s most vulnerable children and young people.
· Statutory lead member for children’s services role, including responsibility for corporate parenting, child protection, children with disabilities and protecting children from sexual exploitation.
· Commissioning Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) with Lambeth Clinical Commissioning Group.
· Special Educational Needs (SEN) services.
· Tackling child poverty.
· Commissioning of Early Years services, including children’s centres, one-o-clock clubs, and work to deliver Lambeth Early Action Partnership (LEAP) programme.
· Overseeing commissioning and delivery of youth and play services including adventure playgrounds, working with voluntary and community sector providers.
· Working with the youth sector organisations in the Borough to deliver excellent services and ensure that young people are at the heart of decision-making on their services.
· Education and schools, including educational achievement and attainment, special educational needs, sufficiency of places and promoting inclusion.
· Leading on the Council’s work towards becoming a UNICEF Child Friendly Community.