Cllr Jennifer Brathwaite is responsible for housing
management services, including working with tenants and
leaseholders, tackling homelessness and delivering decent homes for
all tenants. She leads on the delivery of the council’s
Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy, which aims to prevent
homelessness, improve the supply and sustainability of Temporary
Accommodation and ensure that all people sleeping rough in Lambeth
are supported off the streets and assisted in improving their
lives. She is also responsible for delivering the council’s
commitments to improving the quality and security of the private
- Housing management services and fire safety.
- Managing the capital investment (LHS) programme to ensure
delivery of decent homes for all housing tenants.
- Overseeing the management of the Housing Revenue
- Overseeing Lambeth’s homelessness, rough sleeping and
temporary accommodation services.
- Tackling homelessness and rough sleeping by delivering our
ambitious Homelessness and Rough Sleeping and overseeing investment
in better advice and support for people facing
- Improving the advice and support available to people living in
the private rented sector.
- Introducing a new private renters’ charter setting out
renters’ rights and Lambeth’s powers to
- Overseeing tenant engagement and rent setting.
- Ensuring a high standard of leaseholder engagement to improve
the transparency and performance of the major works
- Overseeing the delivery of new resident boards and estate action
plans to give tenants opportunities to scrutinize performance of
contractors and the housing service.
- Registered Social Landlords and House of Multiple Occupation
council’s older people’s housing schemes, sheltered
housing and extra care housing across the