Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment and New Homes
The Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment and New Homes is the lead member for planning and leads on economic growth, strategic infrastructure, regeneration and the delivery of new homes in the borough.
As lead member for planning, they are responsible for ensuring that Lambeth’s planning policy delivers sustainable growth, maximises the number of genuinely affordable new homes for local people and that the benefits from growth are fairly shared across the borough.
This councillor is also responsible for the borough’s economic development and growth, ensuring that Lambeth is a good place for businesses to thrive. They are responsible for regeneration schemes, including strategic infrastructure and transport.
The Council is committed to an ambitious programme of building new genuinely affordable homes at council rent and this Cabinet Member is responsible for the Council’s wholly owned housing company, Homes for Lambeth, and for delivering our estate regeneration schemes, strategic housing projects and the small sites programme.
· Lead member for Planning.
· Housing strategy and delivery; including affordable housing and housing growth and exploring new models for financing and delivering more homes.
· Working with partners, including housing associations, to deliver more affordable homes.
· Leadership of the borough’s own house building programme; including estate regeneration schemes, building 1,000 new council homes, Homes for Lambeth and delivery of all new housing schemes including the small sites programme.
· Overseeing the borough’s strategic infrastructure needs; strategic transport planning and transport infrastructure; implementation of the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and delivering Cooperative Local Investment Plans (CLIPs) to ensure the proceeds of growth are fairly shared across the borough.
· Economic development including boosting trade in town centres
· Regeneration schemes across the borough including transport schemes (Vauxhall and Waterloo), Future Brixton, visioning West Norwood and working with the Leader on Vauxhall Nine Elms Battersea.