Cabinet Member for the Voluntary Sector, Partnerships and Community Safety (job-share)
This councillor is responsible for delivering a strategic vision for health and wellbeing for all residents, fostering closer integration with health commissioners and promoting joint commissioning of Health and Social Care and for the council’s public health duties, including financial oversight of the public health budget.
This councillor is also responsible for community safety, crime reduction programmes and working closely with the police to keep Lambeth residents safe and secure.
· Development and implementation of the Health and Wellbeing Strategy, leading on how the council and its partners work together to promote integration, improve outcomes and reduce health inequalities.
· Public Health services and promoting adult preventive healthcare, healthy lifestyles, preventing disease and improving general health. This includes responsibility for running a shared public health service with a single Director of Public Health.
· Integrating heath and adult social care with NHS bodies, ensuring that services work together to give the best care based on a person’s personal circumstances.
· Leading the mental health strategy and mental health services, furthering the aim that health and social services promote mental health and reduce the discrimination and social exclusion associated with mental health problems.
· Leading on the pan-London HIV Prevention Programme and the Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham sexual health strategy.
· Leisure and sports facilities to get more people involved in sport, particularly widening participation for young people and those on low incomes.
· Tackling anti-social behaviour, reducing the fear of crime and ensuring residents feel safe and secure.
· Leading on programmes to tackle homophobic hate crime, domestic violence and the council’s highly regarded Violence Against Women and Girls Strategy (VAWG).
· Delivering a community safeguarding plan to ensure the council’s enforcement functions are working effectively across all services including Trading Standards, Licensing and Noise Nuisance.
· Ensuring Lambeth’s iconic night time economy thrives in a safe and sustainable way.
· Tackling crime and safety issues in the areas specifically affecting young people: driving improvements in the Youth Offending Service (YOS) and gang intervention work.
· Overseeing the Youth Offending Service (YOS) and gang intervention work.
· Developing a new youth violence strategy using a public health approach to tackling the root causes of violent crime.