We demand Lambeth commits to the following before implementation
of any future traffic reduction schemes:
1. A full public consultation in each area including provision of modelling data and metrics to show they have addressed potential pitfalls, including unwanted traffic displacement and full details of how the effects of any changes will be evaluated with a detailed timescale.
2. Traffic is not to be displaced from one set of residential streets to others, resulting in an increase in vehicle pollutants through idling in added congestion.
3. A full and thorough Equality Impact Assessment for each area takes place which includes surrounding roads before any changes are implemented.
4. Road changes should not unfairly disadvantage anyone living in the area, (particularly groups protected by the Equality Act 2010) either now or at any time in the future.
5. Road closures and modal filters must not divide communities; or adversely affect incomes of local businesses on which many residents (including the most vulnerable) depend, so they become unprofitable and risk closure.
6. Emergency services should be fully consulted and their concerns addressed to ensure they do not experience any delays due to displaced traffic or poorly positioned barriers.
Started by: Kelly Shockley (OneLambeth)
This Petition runs from 16/09/2020 to 20/08/2021.
3988 people have signed this Petition.