We call on Lambeth Council to remind TfL that these were meant
to be temporary emergency measures only, and of their
responsibility to ensure the people of Tulse Hill and West Norwood
have accessible public transport. Lambeth Council must demand that
a timeframe is set out by TfL for the return of the bus stops to
The reasons are as follows;
- Disabled residents are unable to get from Brixton tube to the current bus stops;
- Visitors have complained that they are unable to find the current bus stop;
- People expect to get home from the Brixton town centre more easily, safely and quickly; the current distance is too much especially for the elderly, disabled and people carrying shopping / bags, children’s buggies etc.;
- The Coldharbour road crossing to get to current bus stop is extremely hazardous;
- The Effra Road pavement is narrow, frequently becomes congested and does not allow for disabled and elderly persons to stop and rest;
- The only alternative bus stop is beyond Brixton police station and is too far for many residents to walk, and those with mobility issues cannot easily change buses there.
Started by: Helen Atkinson
This Petition runs from 15/11/2021 to 30/01/2022.
1130 people have signed this Petition.