Here are some items noticed by the parents:
* Equipment is old and outdated.
* Some equipment floor protection has been removed and therefore ground is notoriously muddy.
* A broken swing
* Broken Seesaw - kids keep falling off it.
* Muddy covered areas (causing slipping hasards) - Due to bad irrigation and water mud collecting in same place.
* Varying uneven surface areas (causing tripping hazards).
- When there is a surface change, these are not at the same level and kids fall over. These changes occur when going from soft to concreted areas.
- There are pieces of wood sticking out from the ground (may be from old benches or installations).
Here are some areas for improvements:
* Re-instate the sandpit - This was removed and replaced by a circuit for bikes and scooters (when there is a sign at the entrance with "No cycles, skates, scooters or skateboards”). Some kids are being knocked over by children going round the circuit on their bikes.
* Area around Mushrooms had protection mats - These have been removed and now there is only mud. My suggestion is to maybe put artificial grass with soft padding underneath.
* Fix the uneven surfaces - At times there are three different kind of surfaces that meet and it is all uneven.
* Consider having new playground equipment installed.
* More plants & trees needed around the fence.
* Redo the path leading to the playground as it is riddle with holes for toddlers to trip on.
* Add more bins.
Started by: sami Korban
This Petition runs from 20/01/2021 to 01/04/2021.
85 people have signed this Petition.