We believe that reductions of traffic on residential streets are to be welcomed and are necessary but any Low Traffic Neighbourhood (LTN) restrictions should only be based on the following firm principles:
1. Reduction of traffic for a few people achieved by moving
traffic from one set of residential streets to another set of
residential streets is not acceptable.
2. The result of the LTN cannot be to divide communities.
3. The result of the LTN cannot be to make businesses on which the community, or more vulnerable parts of it, depend become unprofitable or shut down.
4. The LTN must be demonstrated not to have a disproportionately negative effect on BAME residents as compared with white residents.
5. The LTN must be demonstrated not to have an adverse effect on people with disabilities.
6. The LTN must be demonstrated not to increase the output of greenhouse gases or other pollutants.
7. The metrics by which any LTN will be assessed should be published immediately by Lambeth Council to enable improvement of the scheme or proper objection.
8. Any and all modelling of traffic displacement or evaporation should be published immediately by the Council to enable improvement of the scheme or proper objection.
9. All traffic data collated or obtained by the Council used in the development of the LTN should be released immediately to enable improvement of the scheme or proper objection.
Started by: Niamh Kenny
This Petition runs from 14/09/2020 to 26/10/2020.
123 people have signed this Petition.