Purpose of committee
Terms of Reference
(1) To recommend to Council the appointment of the Chief Executive.
(2) To make the appointment of other Chief Officers set out in Article 12.01(b) of this Constitution.
(3) Should the Chief Executive (in consultation with such members as s/he deems necessary) so determine in any individual case, to make the appointment of the Deputy Chief Officers set out in Paragraph 4 of the Officer Employment Procedure Rules (which are set out in Part 4 of this Constitution).
(4) To appoint a standing Appointments Sub-Committee to normally undertake the above tasks.
With the exception of arrangements for the appointment of an Interim Chief Executive, all other interim appointments are to be conducted in accordance with the Council’s policy on Acting Arrangements.
The usual practice of the Appointments Committee is to establish a standing Sub-Committee to deal with all appointments on its behalf (see below).
Five members which must include at least one member of the Cabinet. For the avoidance of doubt, a meeting of the Appointments Committee shall not be regarded as inquorate solely because of the absence of the nominated Cabinet member.
- Vacancy 1
- Vacancy 2
- Vacancy 3
- Vacancy 4
- Councillor Nicole Griffiths
London Borough of Lambeth
Olive Morris House
18 Brixton Hill
Phone: 020 7926 2170