Purpose of committee
Terms of reference
(1) To establish a sub committee(s) to determine and review applications as required by the Licensing Act 2003, the Gambling Act 2005 and any other licensing functions as required.
(2) To exercise the functions, powers and duties of the Council in relation to all licensing matters, as required by statute.
(3) Applications to be determined by the Licensing Committee, unless otherwise determined by a licensing sub committee or by an officer acting under delegated powers (“applications” includes new applications, renewals, transfers, variations, or reviews):
(a) Applications that in the opinion of an officer, who has been given delegated authority, should be referred to the Committee.
(b) Applications made by or on behalf of officers or elected members of the Council or their spouse/partner or relative.
- Councillor Matthew Bennett (Substitute)
- Councillor Martin Tiedemann
- Councillor Linda Bray
- Councillor Jennie Mosley (Substitute)
- Councillor Fred Cowell (Chair)
- Administrator (Secretary)
- Councillor Jane Edbrooke (Substitute)
- Councillor Marcia Cameron (Substitute)
- Councillor Rezina Chowdhury
- Councillor Jon Davies (Substitute)
- Councillor Dr. Mahamed Hashi (Substitute)
- Councillor Claire Holland (Substitute)
- Councillor Joshua Lindsey
- Councillor Philip Normal
- Councillor Emma Nye
- Councillor Becca Thackray
- Councillor John Kazantzis
- Councillor Andy Wilson (Substitute)
- Councillor Irfan Mohammed
Support officer: Nazyer Choudhury, Tel: 020 7926 0028.
London Borough of Lambeth
Olive Morris House
18 Brixton Hill
Phone: 020 7926 0028