Kwik Stop Express (aka Costcutter), 98 Brixton Hill London SW2 1QN (Brixton Hill)
On opening the meeting, the representative for the premises licence holder, Mr David Dadds, informed the Sub-Committee that:
· He requested for the application be adjourned due to additional documents having been submitted by the Police which needed to be considered.
· As a representative for the applicant, it was important for him to be able to consider the information and seek clarification or further information where necessary.
· The additional documents had not yet been seen by the Sub-Committee.
Mr James Rankin, representing the Police, informed the Sub-Committee that:
· A recent incident had occurred on 16 February 2019 where a member of the public was assaulted and papers for these had been obtained on 21 February 2019. These were then submitted to the Licensing team but these papers had not appeared to have been received by anybody.
· The applicant was in the same position as him and had copies of reports explaining the position in respect of the assault. There was also CCTV footage which needed to be downloaded and inspected before submitting a case to the Sub-Committee.
In response to questions from Members, Mr Rankin informed the Sub-Committee that:
· Nobody had been charged and an investigation was on-going.
In response to questions from Members, Ms Bina Patel informed the Sub-Committee that:
· She was happy with the application to adjourn.
The Sub-Committee had heard and considered representations from all those who spoke. Legal advice was given to the Sub-Committee on the options open to them and the need for any decision to be proportionate. The Sub-Committee decided to adjourn the hearing.
RESOLVED: To adjourn the hearing.
Announcement of Decision
The Chair informed those present of the decision to agree an adjournment. The hearing was re-scheduled for 28 March 2019.
- Reveiw Report - cleaared - 4.2.19, item 4c PDF 132 KB
- Annex A - Police review application, item 4c PDF 80 KB
- Annex B - Licensing Representation, item 4c PDF 559 KB
- Annex C - Premises Licence, item 4c PDF 195 KB
- Annex D - Minutes of meeting held on 11th January 2017, item 4c PDF 37 KB
- Annex E – Police Supporting Document 1_Redacted, item 4c PDF 922 KB
- Annex F – Police Supporting Document 2_Redacted, item 4c PDF 5 MB
- Annex G - Decision Notification, item 4c PDF 95 KB