Report to Authorise the First Round Public Consultation on a Preliminary Draft CIL Charging Schedule
Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment & New Homes, Councillor Matthew Bennett
Sue Foster: Strategic Director for Neighbourhoods and Growth
Contact for enquiries:
Benny Clutario, CIL/S106 Manager, Growth Planning and Employment, 020 7926 4447, email@example.com
The Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment and New Homes, Councillor Matthew Bennett, introduced the report and explained that since agreeing Lambeth’s CIL Charging Schedule in 2014, the council had raised over £20m from private developments to fund local infrastructure. It would now consult of the revised CIL Charging Schedule with the intent of increasing collection by up to £74m for the period 2020/21 to 2024/25. The Draft CIL Charging Schedule also redefined geographical boundaries to reflect varying land values in different parts of the borough and incentivised the development of Affordable Housing by charging no CIL on those schemes.
In response to questions from the Cabinet Member for Finance, officers said that the projected CIL collection figures had been generated in line with current forecasts for housing development, but noted factors such as Brexit could result in fluctuation. The proposed CIL charging rate for student housing was based on the land values in the borough, taking account that most had historically come forward in the north, and the valuation advice was that it was set at an appropriate level. Officers would keep this under review and consider increases if supported by further analysis.
It was RESOLVED:
1. To authorise the first round public consultation from 22 October until 17 December 2018 on the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule which proposes new CIL rates, to be held simultaneously with the public consultation on the Local Plan and Transport Strategy.
- Cabinet Report - PDCS CIL 2018, item 5. PDF 351 KB
- Appendix A - CIL allocations and drawdowns to June 2018, item 5. PDF 16 KB
- Appendix B - Regulation 123 List, item 5. PDF 21 KB
- Appendix C - Map of CIL charging zone, item 5. PDF 385 KB
- Appendix D - Comparison of Lambeth CIL Rates with other London Charging Authorities (unindexed), item 5. PDF 60 KB
- Appendix E - Comparison of Lambeth CIL Rates with other London Charging Authorities (indexed), item 5. PDF 63 KB
- Appendix F - Detailed Projections – CIL Potential Income and Receipts, item 5. PDF 87 KB
- Appendix G - CIL Receipts Projections Graph, item 5. PDF 102 KB
- Appendix H - Consultation plan, item 5. PDF 162 KB
- Appendix I - Infrastructure Delivery Plan, item 5. PDF 353 KB
- Appendix J - Viability Study, item 5. PDF 5 MB