Investing in better neighbourhoods and building the homes we need to house the people of Lambeth – South Lambeth - Compulsory Purchase Order
Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment & New Homes: Councillor Matthew Bennett
Sue Foster: Strategic Director for Neighbourhoods and Growth
Contact: Jed Young, Assistant Director, Housing Regeneration, Strategic Programmes, JYoung1@lambeth.gov.uk
1) That Cabinet hereby authorises the making of a CPO in respect of South Lambeth Estate and delegates authority to the Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment and New Homes after consultation with the Strategic Director, Neighbourhoods and Growth and the Head of Legal Services to take all necessary steps to make the CPO, pursue its confirmation by the Secretary of State (or the council), to implement the CPO and to secure land assembly for the Scheme. These steps are set out in Section 2 of this report.
2) To authorise amendment to the red-line boundary previously provided to Cabinet on 12th October 2015 to include the acquisition of:
· 124 Clapham Road (Plot 15 on the CPO plan at Appendix 3); and,
· land owned by Notting Hill Housing Trust (Plot 6b on the CPO plan at Appendix 3);
as the Scheme has been extended to incorporate these sites where acquisition of these sites is required to deliver the Scheme and will provide additional homes and improve the qualitative design of the Scheme (see Appendix 8).
3) To note the appendices to this report, including the indicative red-line boundary for the South Lambeth Compulsory Purchase Order (i.e. the proposed Order Lands) (Appendix 3), the draft Statement of Reasons (Appendix 6) which sets out the justification for the proposed CPO and the Equalities Impact Assessment (Appendix 5).
4) To delegate authority to the Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment and New Homes to agree a localised Lettings Plan for the Scheme as defined in paragraphs 2.18 and 2.19.
- CPO - Cabinet Report - South Lambeth V12 12108 - final jh - 061218, item 7. PDF 363 KB
- Appendix 1 -Schedule of Interests at South Lambeth Estate, item 7. PDF 67 KB
- Appendix 2 - Other Known Interests affected by CPO, item 7. PDF 5 KB
- Appendix 3 - The CPO Boundary Plan (the Order Lands), item 7. PDF 991 KB
- Appendix 4 - Scheme Phasing Plan, item 7. PDF 265 KB
- Appendix 5 - 2018 08 18 South Lambeth Estate EIA, item 7. PDF 2 MB
- Appendix 6 - Statement of Reasons - Cabinet Draft 231018, item 7. PDF 1 MB
- Appendix 7a - TENANTS_KGs, item 7. PDF 597 KB
- Appendix 7b - HOMEOWNERS_KGs, item 7. PDF 529 KB
- Appendix 8 - Site Analysis for CPO, item 7. PDF 3 MB