Venue: Microsoft Teams
Contact: Nazyer Choudhury, Democratic Services, 020 7926 0028, Email: email@example.com
Election of Chair
RESOLVED: That Councillor Emma Nye be elected as Chair for the meeting.
Declaration of Pecuniary Interests
Under Standing Order 4.4, where any councillor has a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest (as defined in the Members’ Code of Conduct (para. 4)) in any matter to be considered at a meeting of the Council, a committee, sub-committee or joint committee, they must withdraw from the meeting room during the whole of the consideration of that matter and must not participate in any vote on that matter unless a dispensation has been obtained from the Monitoring Officer.
None were declared.
To approve and sign the minutes of the meeting held on 12 October 2020 as a correct record of the proceedings.
RESOLVED: That the minutes of the previous meeting held on 12 October 2020 be approved and signed by the Chair as a correct record of the proceedings.
Strategic Director, Sustainable Growth and Opportunity
Contact: Bina Patel, Licensing Manager, 020 7926 4103
Presentation by the Licensing Officer
The Sub-Committee was informed that this was an application for a new premises licence. The Sub-Committee’s attention was drawn to Chapters 2, 3, 8, 9, 10 and 16 of the Statutory Guidance, and to Chapter 5 (policies 1, 3, 4 and 8) of the Statement of Licensing Policy, as the ones particularly relevant to this application. The options available to the Sub- Committee were set out in paragraph 6.2 of the report on page 26 of the agenda papers.
The Licensing Officer confirmed:
· This was an application for a premises licence under section 17 of the Licensing Act 2003.
· The application was submitted on 17 September 2020 on behalf of the applicant, Mr Ashley Letchford.
· The application was for the licensable activities of films, live music, recorded music, late night refreshment and the sale of alcohol. These activities were proposed to be provided at various times which can be seen within the report at pages 23 and 24 of the agenda papers.
· The premises had previously held a licence. However, this licence lapsed on 5 August 2020 due to the business going into liquidation.
· The premises was located within the cumulative impact zone as identified within the Council’s Statement of Licensing Policy.
· The application received four representations, three of which were against the application from the Police, the Licensing Authority and a member of the public and one was in support of the application.
· The Licensing Authority proposed conditions on the licence on 6 November 2020.
· The applicant responded on 11 November 2020 with a revised version of the proposed conditions, a dispersal policy and a statement from the applicant, which proposed an amendment to the terminal hour on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to 23:00 (instead of 00:00 as applied for). This could be found in the additional agenda papers.
· The applicant had also provided a supporting letter from UK Hospitality dated 16 November 2020.
· All of the additional documentation has been circulated to the Sub-Committee and interested parties.
Presentation by the applicant
The applicant, Mr Ashley Letchford and his representative Mr Michael Bromley-Martin informed the Sub-Committee that:
· This was not a new licence application in the strict meaning of the expression.
· The premises had operated since 2015 without complaint.
· The premises licence had lapsed due to the insolvency of the company caused by the coronavirus crises.
· The premises licence could have been transferred within 28 days of the date of the lapse without any need for a new application. However, the administrators had failed to flag up the need for a transfer of the premises licence and the lapse had taken effect, which was why the application was submitted.
· The applicant had submitted an application which was identical to the previous licence held by the applicant.
· The conditions would be the same as the lapsed licence with some minor modifications.
· The application had conditions which had been agreed with the Licensing Authority found on page 10 of the additional agenda papers.
· There would be ... view the full minutes text for item 4a