Decision Maker: Director of Infrastructure and Capital Delivery
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. To issue scheme approval for traffic restrictions in the area bounded by Brixton Hill (A23), Brixton Water Lane, Tulse Hill and Christchurch Road (A205) (termed Tulse Hill Low Traffic Neighbourhood) as illustrated on drawing no. LAM_LTN_TH_M11in Appendix 1.
2. To implement the scheme in Recommendation 1 under an experimental traffic management order made under the provisions of Sections 9, 10, 124, Schedule 1 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA 1984) and that the notices of making for the Experimental Traffic Orders contain the statements specified in Schedule 5 of the Local Authorities' Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations 1996. This order will replace that which came into operation on 28 September 2020 under Section 14 of RTRA 1984.
3. That any valid objections received during the statutory objection period are considered by way of a written report to the Assistant Director of Infrastructure, Environment, Public Realm & Climate Change Delivery before a decision is reached on whether or not any of the provisions of the experimental order will be made permanent.
4. That, after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police, any modifications to any Experimental Order which renders it less restrictive may be authorised by the Assistant Director of Infrastructure, Environment, Public Realm & Climate Change Delivery without the requirement to re-advertise the Order under Section 10(2) of the said Act.
5. To undertake a non-statutory consultation exercise with local stakeholders prior to any decision being made on moving to a permanent traffic order.
Publication date: 21/12/2020
Date of decision: 31/12/2020