Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Sustainable Lambeth and Clean Air
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. To delegate authority to officers to carry out statutory consultation under Regulation 6 of the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England & Wales) Regulations 1996 referred to below in paragraph 4.9.
2. To delegate authority to officers to publish Notice of the Proposal under Regulation 7 of the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England & Wales) Regulations 1996 and referred to below in paragraph 4.10.
3. Subject to recommendations 1 and 2, to issue scheme approval for the Streatham Hill LTN permanent scheme comprising traffic restrictions in the area bounded by the South Circular/A205 to the north, Leigham Vale to the southeast, Leigham Court Road to the south and Streatham Hill/A23 to the west.
4. That subject to the approval at recommendation 3 above, to delegate to the Strategic Director of Resident Services authority to consider by way of a written report responses resulting from the statutory consultation and objections following the publication of the Notice of Proposal, and whether or not to hold a public inquiry.
5. To revoke the experimental traffic order comprising restrictions at Mount Nod Road and Rosedene Avenue, with these restrictions to be incorporated into the permanent scheme.
6. To have due regard to the Equalities Impact Assessment prepared for the purposes of this report. (Appendix B).
7. That subject to the above, and having due regard to the outcome of the consultation referred to in recommendation 1, the objections and any inspector's report following the public inquiry, if any, to implement the scheme under permanent traffic management orders and traffic order notices made under the provisions of sections 6, 45, 49, 124 and Schedule 1 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984.
8. That subject to approval of recommendation 7 above to approve use of £6,000 from the Sustainable Transport/Public Realm theme within the Capital Investment Programme (CIP) approved in July 2020 towards the implementation of the scheme referred to in paragraph 2 and illustrated in drawings no. A.1 to A.8 in Appendix A.
Publication date: 27/05/2022
Date of decision: 08/06/2022
Effective from: 16/06/2022