Decision Maker: Deputy Leader of the Council (Planning, Investment and New Homes)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1) To procure a partnership with a registered
provider for the development of at least 65 Extra Care homes at
Block D on Somerleyton Road, and the delivery of extra care
services in the homes.
2) To note the decision taken by Cabinet in January 2019 to direct the council’s 100% owned housing company, Homes for Lambeth, to develop block C, D and F, and to agree an amended delivery strategy for Block D as set out in this report
(1) To agree for the Council to commence the procurement of a Specialist Extra-Care Registered Provider to develop and operate the Extra-Care scheme at Block D, Somerleyton Road.
(2) To delegate further decisions on the procurement route and negotiation of the development agreement with the preferred Registered Provider to the Director of Regeneration and Housing Growth.
(3) To note that the proposed grant of a long lease, with a term of 250 years, to a Registered Provider is a disposal and that it is proposed to present a report to Cabinet to seek authority for this disposal.
Publication date: 26/02/2021
Date of decision: 08/03/2021
Effective from: 16/03/2021