Decision Maker: Deputy Leader of the Council (Jobs, Skills and Community Safety)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Contracts for Lambeth’s community-based
gender-based violence support provision (the Gaia Centre), refuge
beds and female genital mutilation support service, end on 31 March
Proposed decision is to extend the existing contracts for these services, for one year, from 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021. This is in order to allow a period of time to complete a range of activities, and allow for external dependency factors to develop sufficiently to inform decision making; this will inform future commissioning from 1 April 2021.
1. To waive the Contract Standing Order 8.2 and extend the four contracts for Lambeth VAWG Services with; Refuge (for refuge provision), Refuge (for the Gaia Centre), Solace Women’s Aid and Africa Advocacy Foundation for one year, from 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021 for a total value of £867,892:
· £184,160 to Solace Women’s Aid for 37 refuge beds;
· £70,947 to Refuge for 15 refuge beds;
· £582,785 to Refuge for the Gaia Centre; and,
· £30,000 to Africa Advocacy Foundation for FGM provision.
Publication date: 30/01/2020
Date of decision: 07/02/2020
Effective from: 15/02/2020