Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance and Performance
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
To enter into a Development Agreement of the land at
Lollard Street SE11 6QH with the
Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and on completion to
grant a 125 year lease to the EFSA’s nominated school
operator, the National Autistic Society for the purpose of
providing an SEN Free School.
1. To enter into a Development Agreement with the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) for the provision of a new Free School on land at Lollard Street SE11 6QH and on completion to grant a 125 year Free School lease, to the ESFA’s nominated school operator, the National Autistic Society (NAS) for the purpose of providing a SEN Free School in London Borough of Lambeth.
2. To waive the capital receipt in recognition of the increase in provision of SEN school places within the borough and the provision of the enhanced multi use hall and associated community facilities with agreed access for the community.
3. To note the unlikely risk, that in the event that the NAS no longer run the school, and an alternative SEN provider cannot be found by either the DfE or the Council, the Council will have to either permit the school to be used for a mainstream education Free School or agree to refund the SoS for Education the depreciated cost of constructing the school. (Please see paragraphs 2.3 and 2.4).
4. To authorise the Head of Asset Strategy to negotiate such other terms of the lease and agree the final design of the community accommodation in the best interest of the Council.
5. To agree £50,000 for the redesign to improve access with the community areas and maximise the flexible use of the accommodation to be met from existing resources in the School’s Capital Programme.
Publication date: 14/06/2018
Date of decision: 14/06/2018