Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing and Homelessness
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To approve the expansion of Sudbourne primary school on two sites - the
existing site and the Mandrell Road
It also involves the allocation of further capital investment of circa £5.85m bringing the investment on the project to a total of circa £9.25m
(1) To approve the change of project from the original expansion of Sudbourne Primary School from 1.5 FE to 3 FE using the site owned by Genesis Housing Association, to a new project utilising the existing school and Mandrell Road sites.
(2) To note expenditure to date of £1,041,666, and projected additional security costs of £87,875 as detailed within this report.
(3) To note that the Total FM Security contract has been accessed to provide the security at the Mandrell Road site and that costs to 30 September 2017, (included within the expenditure referred to in recommendation 2 above) is £423,503.
(4) To approve the new project budget of £9,250,000 (exclusive of the expenditure referred to in recommendation 2 above) and in so doing, approve the allocation of an additional £6,007,430 of funds available in the Capital Investment Programme from the Basic Needs Education Expansion funds.
(5) To immediately proceed to procure a contractor to demolish the existing buildings on the Council owned Mandrell Road site, clear the site and leave secure.
Publication date: 14/11/2017
Date of decision: 22/11/2017
Effective from: 30/11/2017