Decision Maker: Assistant Director, Parking, Street Management and Commercial, Environment and Streetscene
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
1. To carry out statutory consultation under Regulation 6 of the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England & Wales) Regulations 1996 (the 1996 Regulations) following approval; of this report in July.
2. To approve the measures as described at Section 2 of this report and illustrated in the design drawing attached in Appendix A at a cost of approximately £8,000.
3. That subject to the above approval and due regard to the outcome of the consultation referred to in recommendation 1 above, to implement the scheme under experimental traffic management orders made under the provisions of sections 9, 10, 124, Schedule 1 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and that the notices of making for the Experimental Traffic Orders contain the statements specified in Schedule 5 of the Local Authorities' Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations 1996.
4. Subject to the approval of recommendation 3, any valid objections received in the statutory representations period pursuant to Regulation 23(3) of the 1996 Regulations will be considered by way of a written report to Assistant Director – Parking, street Management & Commercial before a decision is reached upon whether or not any of the provisions of the experimental order will be made permanent and following such consideration, whether or not to hold a public inquiry.
5. That, after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police, any modifications to any Experimental Order which renders it less restrictive may be authorised by the Assistant Director – Parking, street Management & Commercial without the requirement to re-advertise the Order under Section 10(2) of the said Act.
Publication date: 25/07/2022
Date of decision: 02/08/2022