Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report was introduced by Councillor Adilypour, Cabinet Member for Sustainable Transport, Environment and Clean Air who highlighted that:
· Lambeth was the first Borough to publish a Low Traffic Neighbourhood Strategy
· Significant resources had been invested in monitoring and equalities analysis
· The Action Plan contained a clear response from the Overview and Scrutiny Commission.
Cabinet was addressed by Councillor Mary Atkins, Chair of the LTN Scrutiny Commission, who raised a number of points including that:
· The Scrutiny Commission gave its thanks for Cabinet’s approval of the report
· One of the main focuses was around how a change could be made which would take residents with it
· The importance of using evidence form trusted sources had been recognised, and that external monitoring was seen as reliable
· It was important for residents to feel that the LTN report was a trusted document inclusive and available to all
· It was also necessary for it to be accessible, with consideration given to language used, as to not exclude any party or community group.
Cabinet made the following observations:
· The report was thorough, and Officers and Members had done a commendable job on the LTN and the Scrutiny Commission
· Some communities were not able to access the online consultation response form; accessibility must be considered going forwards
· All communities would need to be engaged with in future, so they do not feel left behind.
In response to some of the questions and comments raised, Officers and the Cabinet Member advised the following:
· Lambeth recently hosted an event which covered digital inclusion, and further work was ongoing with a number of the Council’s partners
· With Covid restrictions having eased, the Engagement team ran street stalls over the last consultation period to enable those unable to access online the chance to respond
· EIA panel feedback had been heard and taken on board
· The Council would continue to offer face-to-face ways of responding.
Following consideration, Cabinet resolved:
1. To approve the Low Traffic Neighbourhoods Scrutiny Commission action plan response, attached at Appendix 1, subject to any comments from Members.
Publication date: 26/11/2021
Date of decision: 22/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 22/11/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 04/12/2021