Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care (job-share)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet Members are requested to approve
funding to the value of £2,217,000 support the delivery of
the additional clinical capacity in Primary Care services in the
Nine Elms Vauxhall locality because of the significant new
residential developments within the area and the expected
significant growth within the local populations.
The total cost to deliver the Project is £2,460,604 with the gap between the requested funding and the required funding being made up through a contribution of £243,604 from South East London Clinical Commissioning Group – Lambeth.
This investment will increase the clinical capacity in three General Practices in the north of Lambeth as follows:
• Mawbey Group Practice (Oval Ward)
• Binfield Road Surgery (Vauxhall Ward)
• South Lambeth Road Practice (Stockwell
1. To amend the capital budget to reflect this investment, increasing from £2m approved in July 2020, to £2,217m.
2. To allocate £2,217m of capital funding to the Clinical Commissioning Group to deliver the highlighted investment in three General Practices within the Nine Elms Vauxhall locality – Binfield Road Surgery, Mawbey Brough and South Lambeth
Publication date: 17/11/2021
Date of decision: 25/11/2021
Effective from: 03/12/2021