Decision Maker: Assistant Director of of Infrastructure, Environment, Public Realm and Climate Change Delivery
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
2. To issue scheme approval for modifications of the Streatham Hill LTN comprising traffic restrictions in the area bounded by the South Circular/A205 to the north, Leigham Vale to the southeast, Leigham Court Road to the south and Streatham Hill to the west. as illustrated on drawings no. C19-SH-0100-01 Rev 1 and C19_SH_PR_01 to 04 in Appendix A and Appendix B.
3. To approve the making of traffic orders which will allow residents in the sections of Palace Road and Hillside Road, as detailed in paragraph 2.14 to purchase a zone M permit, for as long as the trial Streatham Hill low traffic neighbourhood remains in operation.
4. To implement the scheme in Recommendations 2 and 3 under an experimental traffic management order made under the provisions of Sections 9, 10, 124, Schedule 1 and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA 1984) and that the notices of making for the Experimental Traffic Orders contain the statements specified in Schedule 5 of the Local Authorities' Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations 1996.
5. That any valid objections received during the statutory objection period are considered by way of a written report to the Assistant Director of Infrastructure, Environment, Public Realm & Climate Change Delivery before a decision is reached on whether or not any of the provisions of the experimental order will be made permanent.
6. That, after consultation with the Chief Officer of Police, the London Ambulance Service or the London Fire Brigade, any modifications to any Experimental Order which renders it less restrictive may be authorised by the Assistant Director of Infrastructure, Environment, Public Realm & Climate Change Delivery without the requirement to re-advertise the Order under Section 10(2) of the said Act.
7. To note the updated Equalities Impact Assessment for the Streatham Hill LTN in Appendix C
8. To undertake a non-statutory consultation exercise with local stakeholders prior to any decision being made on moving to a permanent traffic order.
9. To exercise discretion not to hold a public inquiry pursuant to Regulation 9 of the Local Authorities Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England and Wales) Regulations 1996.
Publication date: 16/04/2021
Date of decision: 26/04/2021