Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Jobs, Skills and Community Safety
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Existing services are in place. Proposed to vary all contract under this portfolio to extend for one year (plus the option to extend for one further year) with the same terms and conditions and specifications. Services are 89% grant funded and all available future grant funders have been delayed in confirming their funding envelopes due to Covid-19 and have now confirmed funding for one year only. Holding a competitive procurement process for one year of funding is not feasible in the time frame. Alongside this, it is proposed that two contract values are varied to reflect increased costs and pooled budgets from partnership contributions.
1. To waive Section 8.2 of the Lambeth Contract Standing Orders to extend the eight contracts for Lambeth’s Safer Communities commissioned services with: Solace Women’s Aid, Refuge (for refuge provision), Refuge (for the Gaia Centre), Africa Advocacy Foundation, Women in Prison, AIR Network, the Metropolitan Police and the Community Rehabilitation Company for one year, from 1 April 2021 – 31 March 2022, at a total contract value of £2,227,771:
· £206,453 to Solace Women’s Aid for 37 refuge beds.
· £70,947 to Refuge for 15 refuge beds.
· £648,846 to Refuge for the Gaia Centre.
· £30,000 to Africa Advocacy Foundation for Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) provision.
· £302,640 to AIR Network for support service for priority offenders to prevent and reduce re-offending.
· £65,654 to London Community Rehabilitation Company for coordination of Integrated Offender Management (IOM) arrangements.
· £5,000 to Metropolitan Police for police hire vehicle to support IOM.
· £898,231 to Women In Prison for South London Alliance service across six boroughs supporting women in contact with the criminal justice system.
Publication date: 23/03/2021
Date of decision: 31/03/2021
Effective from: 10/04/2021