Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Planning, Investment and New Homes
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A cabinet member decision is required
• approve the council entering into agreements to lease for a portion of the commercial space within Block A (Carlton Mansions) and Block B (Theatre building) at Somerleyton Road
• approve a variation on the build contract to enable additional works to the basement to make it suitable for occupancy by a commercial tenant
• authorise the Business, Culture and Investment team to lead on the marketing of the remaining commercial spaces to secure tenants in line with the council’s Creative and Digital Industries Strategy.
1. To authorise the council to enter into an Agreement to Lease with each of the proposed tenants identified in the part II report for commercial space within Block A (Carlton Mansions) and Block B (Ovalhouse Theatre building) at Somerleyton Road.
2. To authorise the Council to enter into a Lease with each of the proposed tenants identified in the part II report on satisfaction of the conditions contained in the respective Agreement to Lease.
3. To delegate authority to the Enterprise, Jobs and Skills division to begin marketing of the remaining commercial spaces within Black A and Block B in consultation with the Somerleyton Road Project Team and Valuation and Asset Management Service.
Publication date: 02/09/2020
Date of decision: 10/09/2020
Effective from: 18/09/2020