Enhanced Financial Support to Independent Care Providers, Adult Social Care and Health
Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care (job-share)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. To increase the total award, with the exception of day care and
transport services which are being supported by being funded under
a separate agreement, to 5% for 6 months by:
• Extending current commissioned costs, as a flat rate, of 2% offer for further 3 months at a cost of approximately £400k.
• Extending current commissioned costs, as a flat rate of 3% for full 6-month period at a cost of approximately £1.2m.
2. To distribute the Infection Control Fund in line with national prescription and to:
• Pay 75% (£1,295,424) of the £1,727,232 received from the government for Infection Control to CQC registered care homes based on the number of beds they have as required by the Adult Social Care Infection Control Fund Ring-Fenced Grant Local Authority Circular (disseminated 26 May 2020). Where there is a variance of numbers of beds, we will use this funding to pay towards PPE for providers.
• Pay 25% (£431,808) of the £1,727,232 received from the government for Infection Control to housing related care and support services (extra care, supported living and supported housing schemes).
3. To close the targeted support offer that was available under tranche 2 but commit to fund those who have already lodged an appeal subject to assurance that this additional funding is justifiable.
4. To create a £1m contingency fund for the prevention of provider failure. This will be funded partly through the consolidation of remaining unspent 2% targeted support pot.
5. To allocate un-spent 75% of grant (c£100k) for the purchase of extra PPE for providers alongside contingency fund
Publication date: 23/06/2020
Date of decision: 01/07/2020
Effective from: 09/07/2020