Budget and Performance Report - Q2 2019/20
Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The report was introduced by the Cabinet Member for Finance and Performance, Councillor Andy Wilson, who explained that, for the period up to the end of September 2019, there had been a general trend of performance improvement. It was highlighted that this was an impressive feat, especially in view of reduced funding from central Government and increased demands across many service areas.
Cabinet discussed a range of issues, including matters relating to: budgetary risks; the dedicated schools grant; the production of improvement plans for areas that had met the required threshold due to poor performance, the timing and format of future reports to ensure consideration of quarterly data at the earliest opportunity; residual household waste per household; and the increase in the number of incidents of serious youth violence. Issues were also considered in relation to the projected overspend for Children’s Services and the action plan that was in place to address this.
(1) That the performance outturns for the Borough Plan Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), detailed in Appendix 1 of the report presented, and for the Priority Service KPIs, detailed in Appendix 2 of the report presented, be noted.
(2) That the production of improvement plans for performance indicators that had met the required threshold due to poor performance, listed in Appendix 3 of the report presented, be endorsed.
(3) That the budgetary risks moving forward be considered.
Report author: Fiona McDermott
Publication date: 07/02/2020
Date of decision: 03/02/2020
Decided at meeting: 03/02/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/02/2020
- Cabinet Quarter 2 2019-20 Report v2.1 PDF 785 KB
- Appendix 1 - Tier 1 Borough Plan Performance Indicators Quarter 2 2019 - 20 Performance Report PDF 274 KB
- Appendix 2 - Tier 2 Priority Service Performance Indicators Quarter 2 2019-20 PDF 867 KB
- Appendix 3 - Tier 3 Escalated Service Performance Indicators Q2 2019-20 PDF 168 KB