Local councillors are elected by the community to decide how the council should carry out its various activities. They represent public interest as well as individuals living within the ward in which he or she has been elected to serve a term of office.

They have regular contact with the general public through council meetings, telephone calls or surgeries. Surgeries take place on a regular basis and provide an opportunity for any ward resident to go and talk to their councillor face to face.

Councillors are not paid a salary for their work, but they do receive allowances. By law, all members of the council are required to complete a declaration of interest form which must be published on the Council’s website. Where an entry has not been published, the councillor concerned has made application to the Monitoring Officer that the entry should be classified as a sensitive issue (for reasons given by the councillor) and the Monitoring Officer has agreed. Please contact with any queries. If you wish to complain about a Councillor please click here Complain about a Councillor

Find Your Councillor and Ward by Postcode